Brian and I went to high school together some 20+ years ago and ran in similar circles but never had a direct friendship of our own. Over the years, our paths have crossed and we’ve hung out in social settings several times. Last summer, while I was in the area, friends from my hometown asked me out to dinner and Brian was there. After quite a fun night hanging out and talking, we both felt a spark, exchanged contact information and… here we are in love 5 1/2 months later.
Here’s a summary of the last 5+ months:
- We started dating July 14th, 2017.
- With six hours between us, by August 12th, we were expressing our missing of one another. Our every-two-week visits and daily conversations deepened our connection.
- We became a committed item September 2nd.
- By late September, we were comparing life-dreams and sharing future goals.
- October had us discussing moving in together, contemplating what life would be like if we shared it.
- The decision to move in together was made official on November 6th.
- Our Camarillo roots allowed us to intertwine our time to spend the November and December holidays with each other’s families.
And here I sit, on the eve of January 5th. Brian’s last day at work in So Cal was today with expectations to relocate to mine within a week’s time. As we near our 6th month, we are starting a life together.
When you look at the dates, it seems like this union is lightening fast. But when it comes to the aligning of two souls meant for one another, it’s evolving in perfect time. I’ve been in relationships where there were considerations and lulls and compromises and the need for understanding of mine and/or the other’s pace. Yet this time, every minute is progressing without effort. Like puzzle pieces, things are locking into place with grace and ease. We found each other and now our shared-life begins.